Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Atlanta Trip and Lynne's Birthday

S.L.O.W.L.Y. coming down from a very whirlwind week. Last week I went to Atlanta for business for the first time. I had a presentation to make and I'm here to tell you I was scared to death over it! To the point that my stomach was terribly upset. Turned out fine, other than during the presentation my mouth was dry as a desert and my tongue would stick to the roof of my mouth while I was talking - LOL!

The fun part was the ride back to the airport when all was said and done. I sat in the backseat and sent and received text messages from family and friends. My reply when they would ask how it went? "I nailed it...and I didn't throw up!" :) It makes me feel so good to have so much support.

And then when I got back to the DFW airport and got out to the front part of the airport, there stood Keith holding a long red rose! I just about melted when I saw that. He missed me - isn't that sweet? And he also knew just how nervous I was about this whole trip. We walked out to our car and he said "Since you loved that rose so much I figure you'll probably love this too" and pulled out the rest of the dozen roses - WOW! I got them trimmed and in the vase and then remembered later to take a picture. They are just so beautiful.

--<>--

Friday was Lynne's 22nd birthday! We all went to Outback for dinner (her choice) and this was the first time Miss Brooklyn joined us for a birthday celebration. This picture was taken on the restaurant porch while we were waiting to be seated. Such beautiful fall weather and it was kind of fun sitting out there enjoying it before dinner.

I love this picture so much. It's kind of a circle of life sort of thing to see my baby girl holding the new baby girl. Honestly I tear up looking at it and I get warm fuzzies inside.

God is so good. It is wonderful to have my family all together and happy. And to talk to Lynne' recently about a problem she was having and hearing her tell me she had been praying for guidance. ~ sigh ~ Makes this mama very, very happy.

The really lucky people do not necessarily have the best of everything; They are the ones who make the most of whatever life throws at them.

No comments: