Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fall is in the Air!

Finally! This morning is so beautiful - cool and crisp. I honestly think I was starting to wonder if it would ever happen. We had a very mild start to the summer, but the warm muggy weather hit and didn't want to leave. Thank goodness it must have changed its mind. :)

I've pulled some of my fall decorations out and even made a stop at Joann's to pick up some new things. I think these little scarecrows are just darling and they are hanging out in the dining room with their little legs a danglin'. I kind of think they look a lot like Keith and I. :)

In the background of the girl scarecrow you can see one of my favorite tea cups. I truly adore tea cups and have several hanging out on this hutch - they make me smile every time I look at them. This one was a Christmas gift from my friend J last year, along with the most awesome tea cup story she had printed out. I really like how the fall colors and leaves on the cup work so well with the scarecrows.


I still have a few more things to put out and I need to get some things for the front porch. I'm really looking forward again to sitting outside and enjoying the world go by in front of my house.


Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night. - Hal Borland

No comments: