Saturday, May 12, 2007

Loni's Baby Shower

Today was such a special day - Lynne' and I got to attend my grandbaby's first baby shower! The shower was at Loni's parents' house and was given by her three sisters.

One of the cutest games was blindfolding the pregnant one (aka Loni!) and handing her a diaper bag with 10 baby items. She had to pick up the items one by one and guess what they were. We all had a piece of paper and had to write down our guess of how many items she would get correct. Bless her heart, she got all ten of them correct and not a single person there had enough faith in her to guess ten! The closest was a cousin who had guessed eight.

And it was just so fun to watch Loni open all the gifts. There were so many adorable outfits that you couldn't possibly pick a favorite. Loni and I were talking after the shower about how fun it will be for quite some time when she gets Brooklyn dressed each day. And how difficult it will be to choose an outfit from the many cute things she has!

I really enjoyed being a part of my daughter-in-law's family today at her shower. Two of her sisters already have daughters (one just turned a year old and the other is three weeks old) and a cousin has a daughter 18 months old. It really was funny watching the two older babies running around and having fun together. Even more fun was watching and listening to the four sisters getting together and picking on each other!

"Sisters sprout from the same garden, but blossom and grow in their own way." - unknown

2 comments:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm glad that shower was so much fun. I'm sure you're going to be thrilled at having a grandbaby to cuddle and hold.

Your Saturday Sky was beautiful, too!

Toknowhim said...

Just wanted to let say thanks for responding on my blog.. about my weight gain, instead of loss. I am learning things, and I know that is more important. Kim