Sunday, May 06, 2007

Lemon Bundt Cake

My plans for this afternoon and evening were really rather mundane. The usual weekend catch up on laundry, organize some things, etc.

In order to have the energy to get things done today, I decided to try a new cake recipe that my mom had given me, Miss Grace Lemon Bundt Cake. The three of us love bundt cakes as they usually aren't as sweet as regular cakes. And lemon cakes are great, especially when the weather gets warmer. This recipe has already been entered into MasterCook as we all loved it! Very moist, nice lemon flavor, not overly sweet icing. An aside - notice the groovy plate? We have a couple of these left and they always make me smile. They are from our very first set of dishes, so these few survivors are 27 years old. Does this make them, and me, an antique? :)

"If the people have no bread, let them eat cake." - attributed to Marie Antoinette

1 comment:

Liz G. said...

YUM! My absolute favorite! Save me a piece! :)