Monday, November 27, 2006

Early Morning Contentment

Doesn't this scene look comfortable and inviting? My morning didn't start out this way though. The last few days I've been in a bit of a funk because of my arm still being in a sling and it's really holding me back from the things I want to be doing. But during my Bible and prayer time this morning I was struck with the realization that even though I can't do some things and I'm still not able to drive, I am so very blessed. I did make it through surgery. The surgery was successful. I only have the use of one arm right now, but this will pass - and so many people do not have the luxury of saying that. I was very humbled by what the Lord was telling me.

And since Monday has always been my favorite day of the week, it just seemed fitting to start fresh with my renewed attitude and joy. It is so comforting to know that when we are hurting we can turn to the Lord and get our focus back and our feet headed in the right direction again.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Sometimes it can be difficult to humble ourselves and ask for help and forgiveness. I find this to be especially true of women in the regard that we tend to be "fixers" and want to make things better. And when I think of the many things the Lord has to take care of it can almost feel trivial to ask for His help. But that is so what He wants us to do. The contentment I felt this morning after prayer and Bible reading was enormous.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

Gratitudes
1. Having the Holy Bible readily available in our country to turn to when we have questions.
2. Early morning quiet time.
3. Beautiful fall leaves and gentle, cool breezes.

~ Elizabeth

"Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies." - Charles Edward Jefferson

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi, I found your blog by chance and I felt so welcome. Your strong faith in God just drew me in! I will pray that your arm heals quickly and that you are back doing "all" the things you want to be doing very soon. I know that arm surgery would definitely be difficult for this knitter. But, like you, God would get me through it and make me stronger for it.

Shelly
http://theyarntart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Who could not love a girl who calls herself The Yarn Tart?

Glad to see you are doing well. Will call you later. DH will be out of town Tues PM-Friday so we will talk sometime then.

Latah sistah!