Friday, November 24, 2006

An Amazing Thanksgiving


Yesterday became a Thanksgiving that I will always remember. We got to James and Loni's house and hadn't been there probably even fifteen minutes when James said they had an announcement to make - Loni is pregnant! There was stunned silence for a moment, then I started blubbering and hugging and everybody was laughing and talking at once. WOW - I'm gonna be a grandma! :)

We stopped messing with food long enough to go in and call both great grandmas to tell them the news - and we all just kept grinning.

Our meal was quite a success and very good. Certainly was easy to find things to say we're thankful for! Oh and Lynne' is so tickled to be an aunt. She says that she's going to be the "cool aunt that always has gum" - LOL!


After putting the food away and starting the dishwasher we all headed to nearby trails to walk and enjoy the beautiful day, along with the dogs. The picture of James, Loni and Xena will be titled "Day One" as this is the first day we knew about the baby! Xena was so full of energy the entire day and she really did enjoy the walk. The funniest part was when we walked on a little bridge over a creek and they took her down to the water. This little pup is a NUT and loves to splash around! Joe went down to the creek with Lynne' (and don't their coordinating outfits look nice!!!), but all he did was walk through it a little bit.

Then when we got back to the house Loni got out the karaoke machine and we had a blast! And much to my chagrin I learned just how badly I carry a tune. ;) Ah well, still very much fun!

Gratitudes
1. Obvious one here - that my first grandchild is on the way!
2. My family of five all get along so well and we enjoy being together so much.
3. Lots of rest today to speed the healing along - I must get this shoulder healed so I can start knitting baby things!

~ Elizabeth

"The decision to have a child is to accept that your heart will forever walk about outside your body." - Unknown

1 comment:

tarcher said...

OHHHH Liz, how exciting. I know from first hand experience. My dd1 is expecting my first grandbaby. When will your's arrive? She was going to wait until Thanksgiving to tell us but she couldn't wait and told us in Oct when she was 10 weeks. She is due May 3rd. Isn't it exciting we'll be grandma's.