Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dallas Mavericks!

Last night was again a ton of fun! A friend gave me tickets to the Dallas Mavericks basketball game and this is the first time Keith and I had ever gone to an NBA game. When I got the tickets I don't think I realized just how good they were though and we were more than pleasantly surprised. These were platinum tickets, which came with their own parking garage and special entrance into the arena! We then showed our tickets to the attendant, who directed us to the "private" escalator and up we went to the platinum level, where we were seated and the wait staff came over to take our order! I swear we were like kids in a candy store - LOL!

One of the things we found most interesting is the difference in basketball and hockey games. Hockey games are famous for the player fights, but I gotta say that basketball in general has some really fired up fans, players and coaches. It was fast paced, loud and FUN! We will most definitely go again, though I doubt we'll be able to afford tickets in the same place.

And on the way to the game I-35 came to an absolute stop headed into downtown. Five lanes of traffic stopped behind some police cars parked across the highway. We quickly switched radio stations and discovered that President Bush had just landed at the airport and was on the way to another arena downtown, so I guess they were clearing the way for him. So far I think this might be the closest I've ever been to a President! :)

2 days until surgery and I can't wait. I am so ready to get this arm taken care of and start healing!

~ Elizabeth

My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long. - Psalm 35:28

No comments: