Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Brief Sojourn

Okay, I can see by my posts that too much time alone is leading to me getting WAY too deap and serious! LOL!!!

What do you get when you put together an Elizabeth on pain meds (I did just do my exercises people!), picked up by a wacky friend, stop at the Starbucks inside Barnes and Noble (where I learned that even though it says Starbucks it's actually a Barnes and Noble Cafe that serves Starbucks, therefore they do not accept Starbucks gift cards - figure that one out!) where we each got a Venti Peppermint Mocha, buzz by the magazine rack for the newest Interweave Knits and Rachel Ray and a cozy seat in front of the knitting books? Oh my....lots of laughter! So many of the patterns would look awesome on my daughter, but on me? Not so much. This was just too much fun!

I did make an observation about myself tonight that was funny at the time and now I'm not so sure. We were looking at the mugs at Starbucks and there was a pink thermos-like thing that I said reminded me of a flask. She showed me how it's apparently one of the latest and greatest things out there for the in crowd. I just sighed and remarked that the more I hear this sort of thing that I will surely be assimilated soon and must own one! Very sad, but true - I admit to being a follower. Though I will say that sometimes by the time I give in it's no longer cool to like whatever it was!

Gratitudes
1. Simple pleasure of drinking Starbucks at Barnes and Noble with a friend.
2. Coming home to my cozy,welcoming home with a smiling husband, daughter and golden retriever waiting for me.
3. The abundance of foods to choose from in common grocery stores in our country.

No comments: