Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Beef Stew and Family Time

We had such a nice time last weekend.  Lynne', hubs and I headed up to OKC for some family time.  Saturday morning Keith stayed at mom's house and did some things for her while mom, Lynne' and I went to mom's knitting group.  What fun that was!  As a rule, knitting groups are very welcoming to new knitters and this one was no exception.  I got to take part in some show and tell time, see some beautiful items that other ladies were working on and just having the fun of three generations of my family knitting together.  When it was time to leave the ladies were so nice and told us if we're in town again to please come by.  Absolutely we will as I really enjoyed this group.

We went back to the house to get Keith and went for some lunch.  I love the picture above of my mom and daughter, though mom will probably ground me for posting it.  ;)  After lunch we ran a bunch of errands together, then back to the house for some computer repair.  One of the best parts of the day was when Lynne' and I ran out to rent a movie and the four of us ate dinner and watched it together.  So much of the time when we all get together there is so much running around to do and it was nice to just sit and do something together that is relaxing and really so routine.

We were also able to spend the night and a large part of Sunday with Keith's parents and again, sitting around the breakfast table together just chatting is wonderful.  I think that my mother-in-law, Lynne' and I have solved most of the world's problems, just in case anybody needed to know that.


And I do believe that fall is truly here!  It was supposed to hit 28 degrees last night, so Keith made a fast trip to the lake after work yesterday to do something to the boat so that it wouldn't freeze.  In the meantime, cold weather means it's time for soups and stews and I wanted to share a new to me product.  Now I know full well that putting a stew in the slow cooker is an easy thing to do anyway, but I found this stew kit by Tyson in the meat section of the store for about ten bucks and you cannot beat how easy it was.  See the fine print on the front that says preps in 5 minutes?  They aren't kidding!  There's a package of potatoes, carrots, onions and the meat.  And for those meat and potatoes type of husbands this is a fast and easy way to make them happy. 

Stew pictures aren't really all that pretty, but here you go.  I think the meat and potato chunks are too big, but it's an easy think to cut them with a fork. Delicious!

"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children." - Psalm 103:17

2 comments:

Renna said...

I think it's so neat that you, your mom, and your daughter all three knit. I'd love it if my mom and daughter also knit. I didn't learn how until my daughter moved away from home, or else I'd have hogtied her until she learned! ;-)

Your mom and your daughter are both very pretty ladies. :-)

Kaye said...

Just passing by through Christian Knitters and enjoyed your blog. The stew looks yummy. I've never seen the kit here in CA, will have to look.