Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday's Wandering Thoughts

Aren't these beautiful? I met some friends at Starbucks the other night for some yarny fun. They both were crocheting granny squares and I was knitting on a baby blanket. I did have to chuckle at how high tech everything is getting - they had a laptop set up on a coffee table to watch granny square tutorial videos! What in the world did we all do before the interwebs???

It was so good to get out with girlfriends again. I was only there for about an hour and a half, but felt so refreshed when I left. Funny how girl time will do that. :)
--<>--
We just got back from a Walmart trip and while there the skies opened up and we had quite the gully washer. I think when we're in the middle of a hot dry summer and a cooling rain comes there's a little girl down inside most of us that just wants to run and dance and spin in the rain.
On the way back we passed Boston Market. They have a sign out front that says "We now have cupcakes", but Keith didn't want to stop. Interesting how cupcakes seem to have taken over as the new "in thing"....and that makes me HAPPY! :)
--<>--

And I do love to have Brooklyn photos in my posts! This picture is from her birthday party and she is wearing one of the outfits my mom (her great-grandma) made for her. Across the backside of her shorts it says Princess. :)
This was one of mom's favorite parts of the party. Most of the people had left at this point and Brooklyn had hightailed it over to finally go through and start playing with all her new toys - and the wrappings!
Good times.....

3 comments:

~michelle pendergrass said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Next gully washer you get, channel that little girl. I can't tell you how good it felt today to be out there with my face turned up and the rain washing everything away!

Anonymous said...

You know, I've never had the chance to go into a Boston Market, as I've never had one where I lived. And I chuckled over your session with your girlfriends at Starbucks. I use to quilt, and we would meet for quilting bees in some church. Now folks meet at Starbucks and have laptops! How funny! I'm going to have to get in on this cupcake thing. I know it's all the rage. And I don't think I've actually eaten one in years. Glad to have found you!
Brenda

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
You should go over to the SITS site (button on my side bar) it is a good spot to find a lot of people!
It looks like you've been blogging for a long time, and are also a fellow sister-in-Christ.
I enjoyed reading about your granddaughter. She is adorable!
I sing "You are my sunshine" to my late sleeper to get her up. She always wakes up with a smile that way.