Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Lunch

I woke up at 3:00 this morning coughing and couldn't get back to sleep, so let's see how long it takes before I crash and burn!

Today is our Thanksgiving meal at work and I was assigned to bring a side dish. The good thing about meals like this is that I get to try out new recipes. I pulled out the church cookbook and found a recipe for Triple Corn Bake. Of course when it came out of the oven I had to cut out a corner of it to make sure I wouldn't be embarrassed bringing it to work! We liked it, but the real test will be how it goes over today.

Triple Corn Bake

1 (16 oz) can cream-style corn
1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 (8 oz) pkg. cornbread mix
1 c low-fat sour cream
3/4 cup butter, cut in slices

Combine cream-style and whole kernel corn, cornbread mix, sour cream and butter, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 x2 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Serves 12.

~ Elizabeth

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, his courts with praise"
- Psalm 100:4

No comments: