Sunday, November 13, 2005

Socks and Motorcycles

Yesterday Keith and I were going to head out to a motorcycle shop. I'm thinking this menopause thing affects men as well because he's suddenly decided he needs to be a weekend warrior! Ever to seize an opportunity though I had him take me to Woolie Ewe first for more needles. Wouldn't you know - they were out of size 2 Brittany needles! What's a woman to do in that instance but splurge and buy a set of Lantern Moon needles??? I think it's almost fate because I sure was drooling over these needles last week and talked myself out of spending the money. I will REALLY pout if I break these! I also splurged on some Lorna's Lace sock yarn just because. The gal there wound one ball so that she could give me some pointers on using my swift and ball winder, but the other one I brought home and will wind later today.

We stopped at a couple of motorcycle shops, then Sonic, then I spied a quilt shop that I hadn't visited in years. Went in and got a pattern and all the fabric to make a Christmas Tree skirt - again spending a lot on crafting! However, we hit two more motorcycle shops and he finally decided on one and purchased it, so his hobby WAY outspent mine yesterday! He's happy though, so that makes me happy. It's still at the dealer because he doesn't have a motorcycle license yet. A buddy of his is going to go with him to pick it up some time this week.

So we finally got home and my order from One Fine Yarn is here! Sock pattern and two more skeins of sock yarn. It's Clown yarn by Marks & Kattens in a gray and white color. We sat down to watch a movie and of course I had to start yet another sock! Using the Lantern Moon needles and the Clown yarn I'm about 2 inches into this sock. This yarn is patterning up so pretty. Once the sun comes up I'll be taking a picture of it.

For now, it's time to get ready for church as I see the sun peeking over the horizon. I truly love Sunday mornings and my church! :)

~ Elizabeth

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - Hosanna!

No comments: