Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Meeting the New Dog Cousin

We just had the BEST weekend with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law!  Seems like any time I see any of my family I end up saying I wish we were able to be together more, and isn’t that a good sign?  ~ very happy sigh ~

I suppose I could say the weekend really “went to the dogs” – except that really that would be a groaner. 

They had two Shelties for many years and one of them passed away recently, shortly followed by the other.  The time was right for them to adopt two new Shelties and we were quite excited to meet new dog #1!

On the way out to their place we stopped at a travel stop for a break and were delighted to see that this particular place had a dog park!  Joe of course was happy too as he always travels with us.  The picture below shows what he looked like the entire time in the dog park – nose to the ground!  My word there must have been a thousand things to smell out there and he wanted to find every one of them!  Happiness is many distinct smells on the ground…at least when you are a dog!

photo (3)

 

And this is their new Sheltie!  She is an absolute doll and already, after only one week, fits into their family and routine so well you’d swear she’d lived with them for years.  See that tail wagging?  That’s her during every waking moment.

photo (2)

 

They pick up Sheltie #2 in a few weeks and I’m sure we’ll want to go and meet her as well.  Because really – they are cousins to our golden Joe, so we do need to welcome them to the family!

“A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours.” - Anonymous

1 comment:

Scrapbdazzled said...

That is so great that they rescued their new dogs. I'd like to think that when dogs go to heaven, it is full of new smells every day for them.
B.