Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Stumbles

Time for another riveting edition of Saturday Stumbles!  These are just a few of the fantastic things I’ve stumbled across during my travels through Pinterest this week.   And since it looks like the 100 degree days are behind us now (fingers crossed!) I’m going to share fall links today. 

 

pumpkin-cream-cheese-spread

- When I pinned this Pumpkin Cream Cheese spread I had no idea that it was a low point treat!  I love the idea of pumpkin and cream cheese together and finding out that it isn’t terribly bad for me is such a bonus.  Now I just need to find some of the low point bagels she refers to and I’ll be happy as a clam!

 

Thanks Scripture

Fall Subway Art

- Two very beautiful fall printables that have a very good chance of ending up on my mantle this year.  One is a scripture and the other is subway art.  I wonder with the heavy brown backgrounds though just how much ink they would use?  You know I’m pretty cheap that way.  Winking smile

 

thanksgiving napkins

- I really love the look and feel of cloth napkins every day, but especially during the holidays.  Purlbee a tutorial for making Linen Thanksgiving Napkins  that are meant to be quick and simple.  The classic look really appeals to me and obviously with using different colors you would be set for any holiday.

 

- I have pinned countless wreaths for all seasons, but I think I’ve about decided on this Burlap Fall Wreath for this year.  The rustic look and the burlap flowers just really appeal to me.

 

baked apples

- The idea of making Baked Apples in the Crockpot really had me intrigued.  And when she said “This dessert has the same flavors as apple pie without the guilt of a fattening crust!” that clinched the deal!  There really isn’t all that much butter and sugar with this recipe and everybody knows that an apple a day keeps the doctor away…..   Winking smile

 

Enjoy – and if you are on Pinterest let me know your name so that I can follow you!

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm definitely going to try those baked apples. They sound easy enough ... and a low-calorie alternative to apple pie (my favorite!).