Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Stumbles

WOW – it’s been a very long time since I’ve done one of these posts!  And really I’ve kind of gotten away from using StumbleUpon so much since I’ve fallen head over heels IN LOVE with Pinterest!  Not only can you follow people there and spend way too much time on the computer find new crafts and recipes, but you can also add the button to your internet browser toolbar and mark things you find to save for later!  Brilliant!

So here’s a few things I’ve found recently that I CANNOT WAIT to try!

- I seriously <big puffy heart> coffee and unfortunately for my thighs and arteries I especially love it with cream and sugar.  Have you ever read the ingredient list on the flavored creamers?  Hmmm.  So then I found this link to Homemade Coffee Creamers at Deliciously Organic and just about swooned!  I’m hoping to try a few very soon because these are real ingredients people!

- I think I might be a little embarrassed if anybody could see just how many Mason Jars I own.  Years ago I used to do a lot of canning and still hope to get back to it some day as there is nothing in the world like homemade salsa or jam.  Until then I keep finding mason jar ideas online and have almost talked myself into breaking into the box of jars.  I saw the idea of putting a photo in a mason jar and filling it with olive oil – I kid you not – and you end up with a sepia effect.  See it here on The Funky Bear.

- I have a board on Pinterest simply called Pumpkin.  I adore absolutely anything pumpkin and since I found myself pinning so many pumpkin things I cleverly deduced that it needed it’s own board.  Then when I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Snickerdoodles – oh….you complete me!   Since our weather is finally under the 100 degree mark I’m thinking I should be able to fire up the oven SOON for these babies!

- I’m not so sure I could pull off wearing this Pressed Penny Bracelet now that I’m a grandma, but I am sure that I can make it happen for my granddaughter!  What a cute idea to pull all of those pennies together that you get as souvenirs and turn them into something sassy to wear!

- One of our favorite things to do when people is over is play games – any kind of game.  Classics like Uno and Skip-Bo probably get the most play time and with good reason – everybody is able to play along!  Shady Tree Diary showed how to use ordinary plastic soap boxes to store your card decks in to keep them clean and organized and I am so on board with this.  Dollar store here I come!

Hope you found something on here that inspired you too!  Smile

3 comments:

Scrapbdazzled said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrapbdazzled said...

Saved that Pumpkin Snickerdoodle recipe. YUM!

Bernie

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried Pinterest, but you got me curious ...