Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Some of the projects I have going on are bigger projects and I just hate it that it takes so long before I can share a picture.  I’ve decided to occasionally post a WIP (Work In Progress) post on Wednesdays.  Really a WIP post *has* to be on Wednesday because it feeds my love of alliteration.  Smile

 

SONY DSC

Mom and I have talked before about how sometimes you see a project and it just grabs you.  That’s exactly what happened to me with this project.  Little Miss Shabby is doing a year long BOM (block of the month) quilt called Birdie Stitches.  In addition to quilting it also features embroidery.

And I’ve finally gotten over feeling like I must venture out and choose my own fabrics or yarn and not use exactly what the designer used on the model.  When I saw this first block the stitching AND the fabric worked together to grab me and convince me to make the quilt.  My Moda Layer Cake in the Sunkissed pattern has arrived and I’ll be starting my block tomorrow.

--<>--

SONY DSC

Last year the bulk of my knitting was charity knitting and while I still very much want to continue with that I also want to do some other knitting as well.  I joined a group on Ravelry called YOSS – Year of Stash Socks 2011.  The premise is that instead of joining one of the fabulous sock clubs that instead we will knit a pair of socks or mittens using our stash of yarn every month during 2011.

Even if I don’t knit a pair every month I’m thrilled to pull out some of the yarn I already have.  You see, I *love* my yarn stash and everything I purchased I did so because I loved it….and still do.  So this is very satisfying to me.

The first pair of socks are coming right along and I just have a few more rounds to finish out the toe.  I’m using a self-striping yarn - Clown by Marks & Kattens and am loving it.  Self-striping yarns are fun to knit with as you get to watch the pattern develop as you go.

--<>--

SONY DSC

This is the Advent Scarf pattern by Kristin Benecken.  I’m using JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool Silk in the Vanilla color and some pearl beads.  This scarf is turning out simply divine and I’m thoroughly enjoying knitting it.  The pattern was released a section a day for the 24 days prior to Christmas, but I went into it never intending to finish it during that time.  I sit in the evening, knit and listen to a book on tape and can feel all the days troubles just melt away – seriously.  And what a gorgeous scarf I’ll have to wear next year.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You have some great projects going. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Annie (Lady M) x said...

I am doing this ‘Boost my blog Friday′ that I saw over at Java's blog and I am now following you! This is such a cool idea isn’t it?! Love your blog by the way - that scarf looks absolutely amazing - so intricate. Can't wait to see the finished article!

Cheryl said...

You are so crafty, love it!