I had planned to really buckle down and not miss any of the Friday’s Fave Five’s for 2011 and here it is late afternoon and I still haven’t posted – that was close! This is such an awesome way to keep your focus on the good and blessings in your life. Head on over to Susanne’s blog at Living To Tell The Story to see more or to join in yourself!
1. Routine, Glorious Routine! You know, the holiday season is one of my favorite times of year, but I’ll admit that it’s so nice to get back to routine. Really the best part is that since we are at the beginning of a New Year you get to set your routine how you like it and then go forth and conquer. Sometimes the ordinary becomes the extraordinary simply by being dependable.
2. New Calendar! I get so excited about this every year! For the top of the hutch on my desk I have a metal picture holder that holds a calendar I print out for each month. The calendar is on sale right now at DigiScrap Kits for only $3!!! This is seriously cute to me and I’m excited to get it printed and ready to use.
3. Weather! Seriously…it’s January and yesterday was 73 degrees here. We took the dog to the park and had a grand time running around. I just checked and it’s 65 right now, so quite possibly we’ll be either at the park or in the backyard this evening too. I do love it, but really it’s winter and not supposed to be like this. Let me add that we have a chance of snow on Sunday and Monday, which is as it should be.
Oh and we did a wee bit of geocaching last night too and it’s been way too long since we’ve done that. We both remarked on how funny it can be to discover you’ve missed something and didn’t even realize it!
4. Craft Day With Friends! Last Saturday a dear friend had us over to her house to ring in the new year with a crafting day. She served brunch (a melt in your mouth strata) and dinner (jambalaya people – oh my word!) and had a day of talking, laughing and playing with her dogs. GREAT way to start the new year and hoping to do it again and again.
5. Filling the Calendar With FUN! I hibernated way too much the last half of last year while recuperating with some medical stuff and now that I feel sooo much better I’m excited to be getting back into the swing of things. Several great things coming up with several different groups of friends and family. Isn’t it great to have things on your calendar to look forward to?