Monday, January 17, 2011

Quilt Show With the Moms

bobbin

 

Had a wonderful time on Saturday with my mom and mother-in-law – we went to a Quilt Expo in Oklahoma City.  Do we look ready to rumble or what?   Smile

photo (14)

 

photo (15)

This was the quilt that won Best of Show.  Believe me when I say that my cell phone photo does not do this quilt justice.  It’s a whole cloth quilt and the quilting in places was probably a tenth of a centimeter or some other crazy small stitching. 

 

photo (16)

But personally this is my favorite kind of quilt and it won Best Traditional Quilt.  There are a couple of four patch blocks that are about an inch tall.  When we read about the quilt we were amazed to find that there are 4,667 pieces in this top!  Very inspiring.

This show was more vendor booths than quilts, but even that was wonderful.  Each of the booths had quilts hanging for inspiration and many had demos and make-and-takes.

I’ll give you just one guess which craft I worked on today after being at that show….   Smile

3 comments:

Sherry said...

The Three Amigos!

Pamela said...

I'm sure your project included some kind of quilting. I went to an expo once with a friend who worked with quilting machines. I was overwhelmed by the quilts and materials. I wanted a fat quarter of every one!

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

oh my gosh, is all I got to say!!!! They are beautiful. I need to go to one of these and get some inspiration to finish Kelvin's little lap quilt I started last summer. Of course it is nothing compared to these. Amazing!!!