Let the Snoopy Dancing commence – it’s Friday!!! Thank you to Suzanne for hosting the Friday’s Fave Five each week at Living to Tell the Story.
1. LWML – This week was the first time I was able to attend the LWML meeting (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League) at church and I had such a wonderful time! These women are so much fun and have such beautiful spirits. I’ve been wanting to attend for the longest time and my schedule has just been so busy that it didn’t happen. Last fall I kept saying I would go “after the first of the year” and I actually did. I so look forward to getting to know these ladies better.
2. Brooklyn – I know I posted about the RV show yesterday, but I want to say again how much joy she brings to the two of us. She is so much fun to be with and makes us laugh constantly. Her mama taught her the Smelly Cat song from Friends, so on the way home from the RV show the two of us sat in the backseat and sang – ah the memories.
Oh one more memory – at one point at the RV show I called her some pet name, can’t even remember what it was. She turned to me and said “Nuh uh, I’m Buttercup!” Took me a minute, but then I remembered that I always say to her when I first see her or enter a room “What’s Up Buttercup?” and she remembers that! So of course my eyes fill with tears and I have to look away so I don’t look like a silly old fool. But it meant so much to me that she remembered something that I didn’t give a thought to really.
3. Valentine’s Day – Yesterday I got started on the Valentine’s decorations around the house and I’m having so much fun with it! Had to make an “emergency” run to Target last night for a couple of things because of course I’ve gone to blogs looking for ideas and everybody is so creative, which means I just have to copy some of the ideas. Will be a post early next week to share some easy, fast and cheap ideas.
4. Bible Reading – I haven’t started a new Bible reading plan yet this year and have been doing some searching. Most years I use the One Year Bible Online plan and *really* like it. Then you might remember I did the Bible in 90 Days last fall. So I’m just trying to figure out what my reading plan for now will be. Anybody have other resources I should look at? If not I will probably go with the One Year Bible Online again.
5. Camera Class – Last weekend I went to a Camera Operations class and I’m here to tell you, even though you really *can* teach an old dog new tricks it does take the old dogs a bit longer! LOL! It was a fabulous class and I’m hoping this year will be about learning to use my camera better. I’m currently at a stage in my life where I’m not at all interested in taking college level courses, but I am very excited about taking classes for things I WANT to learn. Camera and photography classes would be one of the main things and taking the class last week just solidified my belief that yep, I’m going to really enjoy doing this.