Saturday, January 15, 2011

SSMT Week 2


I posted yesterday that I was looking for a new Bible reading plan and you know what? God in His infinite wisdom has given me something to do in addition to reading.

I am a huge fan of Beth Moore. I think her Bible studies are so good and she speaks to a woman's heart. Every time I've done a Beth Moore Bible Study with a group of ladies I come out of it with a clearer understanding of the subject or book of the Bible. She speaks "real" during the videos and we end up having some heartfelt conversations around the table.

So when I saw that 2011 she'll be leading us in Bible memorization again I was so excited! I did it in 2009, but like so many of my plans I ended up not following through. But as I told Keith a bit ago - I am SO EXCITED about memorizing this year! And in my opinion once you're this excited about something it's the real deal and God Himself is speaking to you.

We are to post our verse on Beth's blog on the 1st and the 15th of each month, so starting with verse 2 I'm going to be posting here as well.
--<>--
"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 NIV
The reason this verse speaks to me is that I am very much a list person - I truly love making lists! With this being the first of the year I've been making lists on every subject imaginable and plans are being made to improve on just about every area in my life. While that is NOT a bad thing at all, I want my number 1 thought to be "the Lord's purpose prevails" - sort of along the lines of "Thy will be done." His will, not mine.
I think this is a great thing to ponder at the beginning of the year. Meditating on this verse and keeping it in my heart will help me to remember that my plans are indeed secondary to the Lord's purpose.
AMEN!

4 comments:

Debby said...

What a wonderful plan for the year and a wonderful verse. I have been trying to get back into Bible study/reading. I've neglected it since we lost our son and haven't had the focus or ability to get back into it. I'm hoping in the next week or so to plan something and you've motivated me. I'm a list person as well :-) Thank you for sharing.

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I didn't do well in 2009 with my memorizing the verses either, so I am determined to do better this year!! :o) I'm trying to also choose scripture this time that can "minister" if you will, to me...something Beth had said in choosing your verses which made so much sense!

~Beth

Ally Jay said...

It's a great thing to remember.

Dawn D said...

Awesome versus and what a great way to get focused on what God has in store for us.