Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scripture Sunday

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Our church service today was one of those that you just want to play over and over in your head.  The music was over the top good and the sermon – oh the sermon.  Have you ever listened to a sermon and just felt so convicted - and to be honest, even a little uncomfortable?  And I mean that in a very good way.  Sometimes the words you hear are some that you don’t really want to hear or face, but oh we are better for it.

What I find interesting about this is that we overslept this morning, which meant that we missed the service that we actually wanted to go to.  Instead, we went to the service that God wanted us to attend, though we didn’t realize it at the time.

Things like this always make me think of my Grandmother’s words: “It’s not odd, it’s God.”  AMEN!

I found one of the songs from our service on YouTube by the original artist.  Beautiful song and when you sing it at a service there is just no way to stand there without lifting those arms heavenward.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful song...how how we need to remember this. Blessings,

Linda said...

I love your Grandmother's expression Elizabeth - so true. And I love it when the Father speaks to us in such a heart-changing way.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

It is so ironic that you played this song!!! As I rode with my daughter back to college yesterday, she played the CD by Kari Jobe. That CD is AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful song with your readers. I'm with you, after hearing that song, how could anyone not raise their hands in praise to our AWESOME GOD? Those moments that God blesses us with, I call "God Moments". Like when you were late to church. You were late for a reason and that was in God's master plan... Love & blessings from NC!

Sugar and Spice said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since I see a cute little girl in some of your pictures! Hope youll check it out! :)
www.Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
www.Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com