Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five

FFF snowflakes

Friday, Friday – oh how I love you!  :)

1. Movies with the family – Last night the three of us watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and had a grand time - lots of laughs and a very silly movie.  When I saw we watched, well we also had other things going on as well.  Lynne’ sits with her baby laptop and types away while watching and I was busy knitting a hat.  Good thing we weren’t watching a movie that required a lot of attention!

2. Joe is well! – I talked to the vet yesterday and Joe (the golden retriever) does not have cancer – the tumor was benign!  The amount of worry I had for this dog might be silly to some, but quite simply I do love him.

3. Attitudes – At the end of the movie last night they had a song playing that said “It’s raining sunshine”.  Lynne’ said “hey mom – it’s a theme song for you!” or something like that (you know I’m getting older and can’t remember things exactly!!!).  My point though is that I love that she thinks of me this way.  My blog name came out of my desire to count everything joy, even when you don’t want to.  I’ll admit that there are times I have to really  look hard to find joy, but I will not stop looking!

4. Family – It’s so good to have the kids home from their cruise and so much fun to have gone over there and listened to how much fun they had.  Believe it or not Little Miss Granddaughter seemed like she had gotten older while she was gone!  Loni had trimmed her bangs so instead of having toddler bangs she had little girl bangs.  And as each day passes she gets better and better at forming longer sentences.  So very much fun to be around her!

5. Facebook – HAHA – it’s been a while since I had that on the list, but here it is again.  My absolute very best friend from the time the kids were born until we all moved away about 15 years ago has finally gotten on Facebook.  We were totally inseparable while together and then devastated when both our families moved away to different states.  She’s never been a computer person, so we didn’t talk nearly enough in the last years, but now that is all changing and I haven’t laughed so much in a long time.

Now head over to Susanne’s place at Living to Tell the Story to see some more Friday Faves.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Family is always one of my favorites as well. And it is a lot of fun to watch movies with our families.

Sounds like a good week, I hope your weekend is peaceful.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful list! I love your attitude and determination to find joy in every circumstance. I remind myself of that passage from James quite often, these days. :)

Susanne said...

Love #3. Your determination to count it joy even when things are hard is inspiring! Love it.

I can relate to your joy in your dog being healthy. I would be devastated if my doggy got cancer.

I haven't seen that movie yet but will probably get it for the dayhome kids movie day next Friday.

Unknown said...

Amen to counting it all JOY, despite our circumstances!! Your movie night sounds like fun. We need to watch that movie!
Facebook is always fun in connecting with old friends. :)

Willow said...

Because I don't like just sitting while we watch a movie, I always have my knitting or spinning going. And sometimes my laptop is right there too.

Have a happy weekend!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Family movies are the best!

We love our doggy too, so I understand your good news on Joe.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Ginger said...

I enjoy reading your FAV FIVE! We've been listening to good sermons at church recently about joy and that no matter the situation we should count it all pure joy. Take care and thank you for your very sincere comment on my blog. We too are stuggling with what to do.

Shan said...

We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs last night with the kids. Such a sweet movie.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Thanks for stopping by, and you have inspired me to make the tomato herb noodle. Had extra noodle last night and now I know what to do with them. So glad your GR does not have cancer. I would feel the same way about my Stella. Jump in there and make that pillow. I am finally getting the hang of it, but the ruffled are my least favorite, but I always like how they turn out. Jackie

Karyn said...

"Raining Sunshine" ..... love that thought! What a wonderful tribute that your daughter thought of you at the song!

So glad your dog is going to be fine! They do become a part of the family, don't they?