Saturday, January 16, 2010

Scripture Challenge – Hope

Last year the LPM Blog challenged us to do scripture memory – 2 verses a month.  Since I dropped the ball after a few months I thought earlier this week about how I had “failed.”  But the more I thought about the less it seemed like a failure to me.  Even now those sweet verses that I did memorize come back to me and comfort me, so how in the world can this be a failure?  :)

I had been toying with doing some scripture memory when I read that sweet Valerie had decided to continue with the LPM challenge on her blog.  This thrilled me as I love to share that sort of thing with others. 

And then, while looking at some scrapbooking blogs I came upon Patter’s Scripture Challenge and knew it was a done deal.  I love the idea of her challenge – she gives a word every other week and we find a verse to scrapbook.  For me, I’ll take it a step further and that will be my memory verse for Valerie’s challenge.

I am thrilled with this whole plan because at the end of the year I should have scriptures memorized to cover all sorts of subjects. Better yet will be a book with those verses.

Our first word was HOPE and I chose the following for my verse:

“While we wait for the blessed hope – the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.” Titus 2:13 NIV

I’ve decided to do my scrapbook pages digitally so that I can work on that.  The paper I found has sort of a sunburst in the middle, which made me think of that glorious appearing!

Week 1 Scripture Challenge - HOPE copy

I’ll need to look up the paper and embellishment so that I can properly credit them – that part is still new to me and I’ve not quite got it organized. :)

Have a great Saturday today!

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

I to felt like a failure because I did not complete last year challenge, why do we do this to our self? How can we fail, when we where studying Gods word and being in His presence? I am geting on board this year as well, and will cherish every minute. Your page is wonderful, excellent scripture...have a blessed week!

enjoy *~*

Cherie said...

Nice layout! You aren't a failure if you gave it a try and are willing to jump in and do it again!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I wished I could have done Beth Moore's scripture memory group last year and then gone to Houston, but my plate was just too full last year to participate. I am sharing in Valerie's memory group this year. Valerie and I got to meet each other this past October. It was so fun!!!
I love the idea of scrapbooking scripture pages, but that idea may have to wait until another year. Love & blessings from NC!

Patter Cross said...

So glad you are joining in! Love that verse and your pink page! :) And anytime spent in God's Word is never a failure. He loves the time you give Him. I pray He will give you a desire to spend more time with Him. Blessings,

Jennipher Lowery said...

Hi there! I too am participating in this challenge as well and trying to keep up on the comments. I just love the symbolism behind your sunburst. Beautiful artwork. Thanks for sharing.