I'm so close to getting my craft room organized to the point of sharing pictures. And part of that organization was identifying which WIP's (works in progress) I wanted to finish and which I wanted to take apart and store as just yarn.
I've got a lot of single socks and rather than take them out, introduce them to each other and hope that they might find true love I've decided to go ahead and knit the second socks. This is the pair that were finished early this morning.
The green and yellow colors just called out to be pictured against the brilliant blue of the vast Texas sky today. So that's what I did - went outside, lay down on our picnic table and stuck my legs in the air for the photo. I'm sure I was a site to see and I can only hope that none of my neighbors saw me.
And then I looked at the yarn a little more closely and decided that they really needed to be against the green backdrop of our weed-filled backyard (don't judge - we're working on it!).
Such an immense sense of satisfaction to finish this pair and really I should get started on the next one quickly.
The only thing about these that didn't completely thrill me was the DK weight. It's the first pair of socks I've knit with DK weight and I think I prefer socks made with fingering weight yarn. We're all different and now I know!
International Sock of Doom pattern, Knit Clinic Sock Yarn, DK Weight, Fading Sunflower colorway, Size 7 needles