Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Skip To My Lou


A funny thing happened when we went for a walk on our break at work today....

Why we decided to start walking again the day it turned to mid-90's for the high I don't know. The weathermen this morning said that today would be the warmest (hottest?) it had been since last October.

So the four of us - me, S, P and K - donned our tennies and headed to the covered parking area to walk laps. We walked at a pretty good clip, then S mentioned that he'd just read that skipping was really good exercise. Never one to back down to a challenge, I started skipping, and S and P joined right in.

It was so much FUN!!! We skipped and we laughed and I was about out of breath. And then we heard a jingling sound.

I turned around and one of the building security guards was skipping towards us with a big grin on his face! Truly I've not laughed that hard in a long time. Nor have I had that red of a face I'm sure.

Good times............

1 comment:

Renna said...

I am smiling so big at the mental image of you ladies skipping. How fun! ;-)

The socks are purrrty. You're right, that brilliant blue sky was a perfect backdrop, but then so was the dark green wee...er grass. ;-) You sound like me. I have a lot of single socks in the drawer. I guess we both suffer from SSS (single sock syndrome).