Friday, April 10, 2009

March Quilt Block and Brooklyn's First Easter Egg Hunt

Tomorrow we head to the quilt shop to get next month's block. I'm pretty happy with the way the blocks are turning out and can't wait to see the whole thing together.

The block above is the March block and of course I just finished it today and need it tomorrow! When I take it in and show it I'll get the April kit free. At the end of the year, as long as I keep up with it, I'll have the quilt top for only $5. Except that tomorrow I plan to get the setting kit and I think it's right at $50, so my price just went up a bit. :)

Brooklyn Easter Egg Hunt Story: I just got off the phone with the kids and they were telling me stories about the Easter egg hunt that Brooklyn had at her daycare today. Now, you know I'm not the least bit biased about how darling this grandbaby is, so this is the honest truth. ;) Apparently little Miss B is somewhat of a teacher's pet. The kids got there and saw that B was outside helping the teacher put the eggs out on the playground for all the kids to hunt. Such a heartwarming and sweet story.

Then all the kids in her age group got to go out and hunt for eggs. They said that some of them were wandering around and some just dropped their baskets and started crying. Brooklyn saw the kids start picking up her eggs, the ones she'd put on the ground, and that made her cry. They got her going again, then she saw one little girl put one of the eggs in her basket and Brooklyn took it out and put it back on the ground!

This whole thing makes me giggle to think about. We take the Easter egg hunt "rules" for granted, but when you are 20 months old this is some very serious stuff. And I suppose that in her eyes all these kids were taking her toys, not even thinking about the fact that there are enough for everybody.

And while we were on the phone I kept hearing her in the background making all kinds of noise. At one point I asked if she was crying and James said, no - she's laughing...and she's on a bit of a sugar high from the cupcakes and cookies at the daycare party!

Silly, sweet baby girl. :)

4 comments:

Millie said...

Happy Easter to you and the family!

Rue said...

Hi Elizabeth :)

That is so sad! Poor thing just didn't understand the whole Easter Egg hunting concept LOL

Thank you so much for your comment and Happy Easter!
rue

southerninspiration said...

Hi Elizabeth....cute story about the g'baby.....I look forward to be a grandma! And i noticed that our wedding anniversary is only four days apart. We celebrated 28 on the 4th and ya'll celebrated 29. congrats!

Suzanne

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

The square is pretty. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Funny little Easter story. Thanks for sharing!!!