Tuesday, February 03, 2009

TWD: World Peace Cookies

This week's TWD recipe was chosen by Jessica at Cookbook Habit and if you click over to her blog you can find the complete recipe.  And you will want this recipe.

The recipe says that the dough will be crumbly and it really isn't kidding.  Kind of reminded me of a pile of dirt really, but at least it was dirt with fabulous little mini chocolate chips throughout.  The recipe gives you the option of the mini chocolate chips or chopping bittersweet chocolate.  I confess that I was lazy...

At this point in the recipe you roll the dough into two logs and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.  I made the dough yesterday and today sliced and baked two pans of cookies.  One of the best things about this recipe, says this empty nest grandma, is that it doesn't make a lot of cookies.  Because really, if you make chocolate cookies you're going to eat them and I so don't need them.

They come out the perfect texture - very lightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  Truly the perfect chocolate cookie.

16 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

I really do think your calling is to open a bakery!!! and I really do wish you lived next door!!! LOL!!

Unknown said...

You are so right, if they are there, I will eat them. I have already had three today!

Good job!

Jamie said...

These are really close to cookie perfection...I am glad you enjoyed them. They look delicious!

Jennifer said...

I wonder if anyone has added nuts to theirs? I made mine per the recipe and they were wonder, but I love nuts.

Anonymous said...

They look yummy! I am heading over to get the recipe now. I really like recipes that make a dozen or so cookies. Otherwise I have to send them to work with my husband.

Pamela said...

I got a lot of cookies out of this recipe, I guess I cut or rolled them smaller. I shared, though. They look great!

farah said...

Oh they look perfect, good job :)

Pearl said...

Mmmmmmm...

Those are some wonderful looking Chocolate Cookies! I'd like to thank you for your visit to my Reminder of a Miracle post... and for the kind comment you left... I'm glad you enjoyed it, and do hope you'll be able to come back to visit anytime... I've enjoyed "peeking" at your lovely blog!

~blessings~
Pearl

Anonymous said...

Hahah so true... I try not to bake a lot of cookies as well so that I don't eat them! Yours look great!

Ivette said...

Who needs extra cookies? That would just mean more gym time for us!!

Your cookies look great and I like you pics!

Peggy said...

Oh yours are very pretty cookies!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Looks yummy. I have to admitt no cookies for me. I'm trying to loose a bit of weight. Summers right around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Perfection! Your WP cookies look great.

TeaLady said...

Those look reallllyyyy goooood!

Leslie said...

Your logs are so perfectly round! I agree that it's good this doesn't make six dozen cookies...that could mean a clothing size if I ate them all!

CB said...

I totally thought while making these cookies that the dough reminded me of dirt. Sweet sweet chocolate chip dirt. HAHA. Glad you enjoyed the cookies!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought