Friday, March 14, 2008

The Cat in the Lap

When I get home from work I love to take a little time to sit and knit and make the mental transition from work to home. Usually when I do this the cat sits nearby and the dog sits at my feet.

But this time the cat wanted to curl up on my lap while I was knitting. For most cat owners this probably is no big deal, but Meeko is now 13 years old and actually quite a curmudgeon. He will allow himself to be pet as long as it's on his schedule only. So to have him voluntarily jump into my lap was quite a surprise!

I'm still working on the homeless scarf in this picture and will probably have it and one other thing completed this weekend. The girls at work are starting to learn to knit socks and that has me wanting to pull mine out again! :)

No comments: