Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lacy Mock Cable Progress

Time for a knitting update! I almost said that I must be the slowest knitter in creation, but then I realized that I haven't touched my knitting since the weekend. So I don't think it's so much that I'm slow, rather I just don't always get to it. Regardless, this is where I am on the Lacy Mock Cable Socks using the yarn from my secret pal Janet. I truly love how this yarn is knitting up in this pattern! I would definitely use this brand of yarn again as there has been no splitting and has just been a joy to work with. My only complaint is that I'm using Brittany needles and the ends are not pointy enough to do a yarn over two stitches. I have to really work for that stitch, but the rest of the pattern just knits along beautifully.

And I've had her for a little bit, but I don't think she's made an appearance on the blog yet. This is Bobbie, the sock bug I splurged on. I carry my knitting to work each day in this bag as I'm able to kind of wad it up and toss in my bigger work bag and she can handle it. (I also just noticed a couple of strands of Joe hair on my sock bug face. I guess he's just with me everywhere I go! This is also the reason I carry a lint roller in my car, there's one in my desk at work, one in the laundry room, etc.)

In exciting, remodel the house news: When filling up my cute tabletop water fountain yesterday before work I noticed the carpet was damp in front of it. Our first thought was that the fountain was somehow responsible, except that we noticed the water was coming up from below rather than the other way around. Keith called me last night and said that it's our hot water heater. So guess what we'll be doing tonight??? :)

Preach the gospel at all times...when necessary use words. - St. Francis of Assisi


6 comments:

Julie in Texas said...

Elizabeth,

The sock is gorgeous!! I must try that pattern.

I am so sorry to hear about your hot water heater. I know replacing flooring is never fun other than getting to choose the new stuff!

Liz G. said...

That is one gorgeous sock!! (Bobbie is cute, too!)

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Dawn, that sock stitch pattern shows off the yarn colors perfectly. So pretty!

Your knitting bag is adorable!

Anonymous said...

these socks are FABULOUS!!

Julie in Texas said...

Elizabeth,

You are an enabler of a major sort!! I followed your button to the Spring Fling Swap and am going to join in. I emailed late and I guess I was supposed to join, there was another lady who emailed late and so they paired us up.

Looking forward to it. I think it will be fun!
Julie

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love the sock pattern - where did you get it from? Also, I love the colours in that yarn. I have some that look fairly similar to it in Knit Picks cotton (the dancing colourway) but I haven't used it yet...think I started a pair of socks with it awhile back, but need smaller needles...I'll have to get it out and use the smaller needles I now have!