Thursday, March 22, 2007

All Alone....

WHEW! Last night I felt like I'd landed in an episode of The Waltons or something. First, my cell phone died. I mean DEAD battery died. So I plugged the poor thing in and hoped that it would resuscitate. My next step would have to be mouth-to-mouth, but I was going to wait and see if the plugging in would work first. And thus lifeline number one to the outside world was gone.

No worries - I'll go see what's new in the email. WHAT??? For the love of all that is good and decent in the world - Yahoo would NOT let me in! I kept getting a little box pop up on my screen with an error message that made me want to weep. All.Night.Long.

I was simply incredulous! What ever did we do before cell phones and email? Did people really sit around together like they did on The Waltons? Was it time to break out the Monopoly board?

I broke into a cold sweat, my breathing was a little heavier and I felt slightly dizzy. Really what else could a woman do in this situation......I went to bed early. ;)

3 comments:

tarcher said...

They waited for letters, postcards, or the dreaded telegram, yikes. And they also had like 12 kids, just saying :>. LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL, yes, whatever did we do. I enjoyed this post.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Elizabeth, thanks for the giggle! I really understand. We live in a rural area and every time we have a big thunderstorm, we nearly always lose our power. I always think about these things whenever that happens. However, I'm *ok* as long as my iPod Nano battery hangs in there. : )