Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tiger Joe

Saturday I went to lunch with friends and next door to the restaurant was a thrift shop, so what's a girl to do? Since Halloween is coming up there were quite a few costumes and I managed to snag two headbands for Joe. This picture was taken at the park on Sunday and doesn't he look happy?

The funniest thing about the headbands though is that when he tried this on Saturday and went in to show Meeko (!), the cat was scared to death. Smacked his ears down on his head and started howling and hissing. All we can figure is that Joe must have appeared to be the biggest cat he'd ever seen! If it wasn't so pitiful it would be even funnier. ;)

And I love to put headbands like this on Joe because he must honestly believe me when I tell him how handsome he is. He struts around the house and shows everybody and it just really tickles me.

~ Elizabeth

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting--a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: