Friday, October 27, 2006

Boba Tea Party!

Last night I met some friends at Color Fat Straws for drinks, quasi-knitting and laughter. Pictured is my drink, a Passion Fruit Iced Tea with "boba" at the bottom (tapioca balls). VERY strange feeling to drink these as they have a texture along the lines of a gummy bear. It did get pointed out to me, after I had a wonderfully ladylike coughing fit when I tried to breathe in a boba, that you are NOT supposed to just drink them straight down without chewing them first - LOL! Not sure if I would order this again, but I did have a sample of a friend's smoothie that was yummy!

Barely visible in the background to the left is Lise's Fetching glove that was oh so pretty. And behind my cup is the pair of 1776 socks that Ronda made that caused me to sigh and want to pull my yarn out of the closet and actually get it on the needles! Ah well, all in good time.

The quasi-knitting was me, sitting with the left arm in a sling, knitting vicariously through the others. It was still fun to be with them and watch and laugh and talk, but it made my fingers itch to be stiching!

And since the boba tea place was so close to James and Loni's house I followed them after work and we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant first and had a really nice time. The weather is so beautifully fall right now and we were able to sit out on the patio and truly enjoy it. Then of course a quick stop by there house to love on my grandpuppy and out the door to meet my friends.

An evening I'd like to do again and again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a blast Elizabeth, we will have to do it again sometime!
Good healing thoughts and prayers coming your way. I hope you will be knitting again soon!