Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{WIP} Wednesday

So many wonderful projects in progress, so little time!

 

SONY DSC

I *finally* got the muslin and batting cut for the first square in the Christmas Stitchery Banner Sew Along (do click through and see what the finished project will look like – I’m excited!)!  Traced the first pattern, then since it was late in the evening and dark (and I was already dressed for bed) I decided not to go out in the backyard to spray the basting spray.  Instead I went in the garage and thankfully at the last minute grabbed one of the old bath towels to set the fabric on.  Let me tell you something – basting spray is VERY STICKY!!!  Worked like a charm on my project, but I ended up throwing away the towel.

I’m behind on this stitchery, but have to say that once you get to the point of stitching it goes oh so fast.  And this weekend I’m heading out to a crafter retreat with girlfriends and I’m going to bring this with me for those times when I just don’t want to have to think.

 

SONY DSC

This is the Melody scarf, still with very little progress.  I see that I posted it in WIP Wednesday on August 31 as the ball of yarn and wow see how much is done now!  What happened though is that I cast on over Labor Day weekend and knit during a movie. At the end of that time my arm/shoulder hurt so bad that I put away all knitting until last night – oh the horrors!  I think I’m going to take it a little slow to start and see how we do. The Malabrigo Sock yarn is a dream to knit with though and so hard to put down.

 

No Progress:  (both projects found here)

* American Girl Doll dress
* Scrapbook Challenge Project

 

New Projects – Ahem….:

* Bloggers BOM Quilt Along – I kinda sorta bought some fabric for this…..

* Christmas Cards for OWH – the prototype is done and I plan to make the remainder of the cards during my retreat this weekend.

* She-Knits Mystery KAL (Ravelry link) – so even though I can’t really knit right now, that doesn’t seem to stop me.  She-Knits does such beautiful patterns and she has a new mystery KAL that starts November 1. I kinda sorta bought the kit for it, but in my defense the yarn is by Studio June and in addition to loving her yarn we met her at The Loopy Ewe Spring fling this year and she is delightful.

 

** I’m linking to Freshly Pieced for her WIP Wednesday, where I might or might not have found some new projects…….    Smile

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wow - is it hard to do embroidery thru batting/