Sunday, October 23, 2011

Burp Cloths using the Embroidery Machine

My sister-in-law is down this weekend because we have a baby shower to attend!  My cousin’s son is expecting their first (a boy!) so there will be much rejoicing.

I wanted to share the burp cloths that my mom made because I think they are so cute. 

 

SONY DSC

Mom uses her embroidery machine and finds the most darling little patterns.  I love that these are so unique and the dragon is just too cute for words.  For those of us without an embroidery machine (insert sad face here) I’m sure we could come up with something cute to applique in place of the embroidery.

 

SONY DSC

Mom sews on a strip of ribbon and then does a satin stitch at the burp cloth edge.  Simple and it really makes it so special.

 

Close up photos of the embroidery:

SONY DSC                     SONY DSC

1 comment:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

They are so cute!!! She does amazing job with that machine. I still adore my raggedy napkins that you made me!!!