Monday, October 04, 2010

This Weekend I…

It seems like weekends are always so filled with wonderful things and it’s hard to sit down, categorize and blog it well.  I end up throwing my hands up and not getting anything posted at all!  Now I think I’m going to start taking the easy way out because I enjoy reading these posts elsewhere.   :)

 

This Weekend I

* actually got to sleep in!  The boys – dog and cat – usually wake me up the same time every day.  No matter how hard I try I cannot teach them that we do not have to get up at 5:00 on the weekends!

* went to the Urban Street Bazaar with a friend that I haven’t seen nearly enough lately.  Not only was the bazaar great, but the surrounding shops were a lot of fun as well.  It’s a very eclectic area and we enjoyed it immensely.

002

* stopped at a diner that has been there since the 50’s (and looked it – it was wonderful!) and had a piece of pie after the bazaar.  We chatted and enjoyed every morsel of that pie!

* went out for Korean food for the first time after church Sunday with Lynne’ and her friend.  I was very bold and ordered the chicken friend rice.  ;)

* sat and watched a video with Keith while knitting on a baby blanket.  It’s been far too long since we’ve relaxed like that and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

* did not do one little bit of housework other than cleaning up after dinner!  Of course that means it will be waiting for me tonight, but it made for a fun weekend - LOL!

* took a nap Sunday afternoon.  Honestly I couldn’t say the last time I took a nap and it was wonderful.  We seem to go, go, go until we have nothing left to give.  When I woke up I felt so rested, which was quickly followed by a bit of guilt.  So silly to be guilty over getting the rest we need.

 

* Linking to Becky’s Weekend Updates    :)

1 comment:

Mrs. M said...

I am so glad you joined us. Welcome! And what a great weekend. A 50s diner would be so much fun. And a nap with NO housework. Sign me up! Love it! I hope you have a great week ahead.