Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five #110

FFF fall background

Happy Friday y’all!  Thrilled that it’s Friday and time to look back over our blessings of the week.  Thanks to Susanne for hosting each and every week.  :)

1. I was one of the many, many people the world over that was overjoyed and glued to my radio/internet/TV during the rescue of the 33 miners from Chile.  So amazing and beautiful to see them as they emerged into the fresh air.  I was touched to see how many dropped to their knees in prayer and especially the words of the second miner, Mario Sepulveda.  “I have been with God and with the devil. I fought between the two. I seized the hand of God, it was the best hand. I always knew God would get us out of there."  AMEN!

2. dietdrpepper

OK, so maybe it’s not exactly a blessing, but I am currently falling head over heels in love with Diet Dr. Pepper!  I swear that most of the time I question whether they’ve given me the diet version when I order it at a drive-thru – it’s that good.

3. Our Mentorship class at church is still amazing! I’m still so surprised at the path that God has laid before us, but I’m going forward by faith.  We are learning so much and so blessed by both the things we’re learning and the people in our class.  Excited – and maybe a little scared – to see where this leads us!

4. Walking with the dog – I’ve talked before about how I love taking walks and especially love the fact that it’s cooler outside.  One of the sweetest side benefits of that is seeing so many other people out walking as well.  The friendly smiles and greetings are a sweet balm to the spirit.

5. Texas Rangers in the playoffs!  Now I do see the silliness of having something like this in the same list as the miners being rescued in Chile.  But honestly there is something about the home team doing good that just elicits smiles everywhere you go.  It’s great water cooler conversation, people talk about it at stores and restaurants, really there’s no end to it.  And in these tough times if a baseball team can help build a sense of community I don’t see where that’s a bad thing.

In fact, I’ll be sitting on the sofa tonight next to my Beloved while we watch the game together.  Togetherness is a good thing.  :)

4 comments:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I know what you mean about the wonderful Diet Dr. Pepper -- it's awesome. Not many places here carry it in restaurants, so I'm always happy to find it!

Great about your class. New opportunities are scary but exciting, aren't they?

I know what you mean about that home team camaraderie. It's great. Have a great week ahead.

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted about the rescued miners. I had forgotten all about them until hours after I posted. I felt "silly" not remembering to include such an obvious blessing.

Susanne said...

Me and diet drinks just don't get along. As a result I don't drink a whole lot of pop. Sometimes I sure wish my tastebuds would handle them better though especially on hot summer days.

The miners story is absolutely amazing. I'm sure it will be talked about for a long, long time.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for "counting your blessings" in your blog. It reminded me to count my own tonight....always a good thing to take time to do! I enjoyed your blog!
Best Wishes,
Rebecca