Thursday, December 04, 2008

Pumpkin Cupcake

I know that December makes a person think of peppermint and other desserts, but I still want to post about a cupcake I made for Thanksgiving. James and Loni got me the book Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman for my birthday and I finally had a chance to use a recipe.


This little cupcake is actually called the Halloween Pumpkin Pecan Cupcake in the book and the description says that it is "pumpkin pie in a cupcake." They are so right! I didn't have high hopes for them when they came out of the oven as they looked a little funny. And instead of the Fresh Orange Juice Frosting that was used in the book I used my favorite cream cheese frosting and that was definitely the way to go.

One bite made believers out of all of us. This truly did taste like pumpkin pie rather than a pumpkin spice cake like so many do.

Absolutely fabulous cupcake that I will make again and again.

4 comments:

MSM said...

I shouldn't have read this post..... I was already hungry....

Renna said...

Right now I have a terrible toad, and can't taste anything. If I could, I'd want to make me some of those. I love the idea of a pumpkin pie in a cupcake!

Rebecca Jo said...

MMMMM... i love cupcakes anyways!

the voice of melody said...

Hi, I came over from Barb's blog. That cupcake looks amazing! I think it was a very smart move to go with the cream cheese frosting instead. You can't go wrong with cream cheese frosting! Yum...