Thursday, December 11, 2008

Morning Routines

Depending on the day of the week I use one of three of my daily routines. And lucky for you I’m going to share my week day routines in this post. =)

All mornings I get up and do the shower routine, then head to the kitchen for a large cup of coffee. I go to one of my two favorite spots in the house and have my Bible reading and prayer time. If you are needing a Bible reading plan I highly recommend this one as you read part of the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs each day. The readings take about 15-20 minutes a day, so definitely doable. I finish getting dressed and leave for work on the days that I am in the office.

Days that I work from home I am blessed with the extra 30 minutes that I usually spend driving. Those days I listen to my now favorite podcast, Revive Our Hearts by Nancy Leigh DeMoss .  The Revive Our Hearts podcast is produced M-F and is about 20 minutes long and she has done several different series’ lately that really touched my heart. One of them was on the Titus 2 woman and loving our husbands – just great. And the end of last week she had a few days of finding comfort and peace in today’s economy. Great reminders of looking upward during these times.

While listening I pull out my knitting and just have such a relaxing start to my day. This morning I started knitting a new hat for a homeless project and hearing the needles click and feeling the yarn slide is just magic for me. On top of that I hear Nancy Leigh DeMoss telling me that all is going to be ok. The cherry on top is my cup of coffee sitting next to me.

And the pictures of Joe and Meeko? That's because they are always in there with me. I guess they want to have a relaxing start to their day as well.

Good times…..

He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken - Psalm 62:2

2 comments:

Debby said...

That sounds like a wonderful start to any day. Mine starts on a somewhat similar note. I just start with exercise before my shower...why? To get it over with! Then I can move on to a shower, coffee, and Bible time while waiting for the grandmunchkins to arrive.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. I get my morning daily emails with...I guess you could call them devotions...but I haven't been as good as I should about actually OPENING my Bible and reading. Our pastor challenges us to read a chapter of Proverbs a day (since it matches the month in days) and I am working on making this a habit with my kids (I home school). I adore Proverbs!! But I need to be making more time. I do, however, spend time stamping and listening to one of my 2 mentors. I get the mp3s of his latest series and just enjoy him while I stamp. THAT is glorious relaxation for me. And spiritual refreshment.