Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Tree at the Galleria

On Friday the entire gang headed to the The Galleria in Dallas for the official lighting of the Christmas tree.  As you can see the tree is very large and it's sitting right in the middle of an ice skating rink.  We watched a few skaters, though the attention span of a 16 month old isn't very long.
However, the last skater was Santa Claus and he did some flips and twirls and there was quite a bit of applause throughout his program.  Miss B enjoyed the applause and delighted in clapping along with everybody else.  The absolute best moment of the entire excursion was at the end of Santa's routine.  He had something on the back of one of his skates that sent out sparklers while he skated.  Brooklyn watched it for a minute, then said WOWWW!!!!  Now, when you read the "WOW" you have to say it in a reverant whisper, draw out the W and over-emphasize your mouth into a giant "O" while saying it.  So very darling.
Of course, I did hear the "WOW" at my house this weekend as well.  She would walk into the kitchen, open the two cabinet doors that house my Tupperware, hold the doors open while she stared inside and said "WOWWW"!!!  Now what does that say about the inside of THAT cabinet, hmm????
Good times.....

3 comments:

Debby said...

16 months old? The same as three of my grandchildren. What a wonderful, delightful age. I love watching them make new discoveries, learn new words. If only it would last....beyond the blink of an eye.

Renna said...

Of course, I found myself mouthing and saying "Wow", just like you said. ;-Þ

Seeing things through the eyes of a child adds such magic to the moment, huh? Especially when it's a much loved child. ;-)

Debby said...

I left you an award on my blog. Don't feel obligated. I just appreciate yours and wanted you to know.