Friday, December 07, 2007

Knitting Class

This week I embarked on a new adventure - I taught my first knitting class! Some of the girls at work watch me knit during breaks and finally they were ready to learn. I chose the Grandmother's Favorite dishcloth pattern for our first project and sent out the supply list. Wednesday was our first class and I had 5 ladies sitting patiently, armed with yarn and needles. The dishcloth shown is one lady's progress as of this morning. By the end of the day she will have finished and done the bind off and two others are right behind her.

I don't think I realized just how much fun this would be. I'm almost more proud of this dishcloth than any project I've done. It's great to watch somebody working with it and you can almost see the moment the lightbulb goes off for them.

I've gotten emails this morning already with links to patterns and questions about whether or not I think they could do a pattern they've chosen. To a person I have said yes and it's fun to watch how excited they are. One lady went to the Hobby Lobby website and printed off a coupon for everybody and I think several have a field trip planned tomorrow. Perfect timing since Hobby Lobby has their knitting needles and such on sale this week.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with knitting abilities and being able to share it with others. :)

1 comment:

DaleMarie said...

Wow, five recruits! How neat. Sounds like a lot of fun. :)