Monday, December 31, 2007

Farewell 2007

We're sitting here watching the hockey game on tv and suddenly it hit me - I better go post on the blog because people - it's the LAST POST OF 2007!

In our usual Party Animal way of life, we're sitting here wondering if we'll still be awake at midnight to usher in the new year. And admitting that we're ok with our fuddy duddy selves.

I'm going to take this opportunity to regale everybody with my brief overview of 2007...as it would be seen riding by on a fast horse:

Without looking at my blog cheatsheet, I'd have to say that the single biggest thing that happened in our lives this year was the birth of our first grandchild. When we knew she was on the way I was of course very happy. But I never fully grasped just how happy and complete this child could make our family. Grandma love is a whole different feeling than mama love. Not saying one is better than the other, but I will say that Grandma love is a lot more relaxed. :)

Another very big event in 2007 was our daughter moving out. And how amazingly proud we are of her (the emergency room visit a couple of weeks ago notwithstanding!!!).

And how about me going into remission? That has made a huge impact on our family's life.

We truly are abundantly blessed and I give all the glory to God. He has seen me and my family through some rough times the last couple of years and shown us that from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen

That's about the end of my philosophizing for this year. And the people say Amen! :)

Be safe y'all.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness!

someone else said...

There's nothing quite like the experience of the first grandchild. It was so hard for us to describe it when it happened.

Have a happy new year!

sherriknits said...

Thank you for counting it all joy, this is my first visit and I'm going to stay a little while. I just found out I'm going to be a grandma this year, too! I'm sooo excited!

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Happy New Year!

What a wonderful year report! I can barely wait to get to join the grandma club some day. ; )