Friday, December 14, 2007

2008 Knitting Resolutions

Baaaa.....yeah, I'm a sheep and follow the lead. Dawn suggested we all list our 2008 Knitting Resolutions and who am I to argue???

1. Knit a sweater for Brooklyn - I have the pattern and yarn sitting in the closet marinating for two different sweaters, so need to get them done before she outgrows them.
2. Knit 4 pairs of socks - I'd really like to have enough handmade socks to wear for a week next year, which means 4 more pair. And that is so doable because I won't even say how many single socks I have that just need mates. And we sure won't mention how much beautiful sock yarn is in the closet.
3. Knit a calorimetry (or two) for ME! - I am so not a hat person. And really this is so close to being a hat that I wasn't interested before. But now I'm a runner (!) and my ears get very cold, so the calorimetry is the lesser of two evils. And the first one needs to be finished pretty quick because my first 5K is in January.

That's it! I know better than to over-resolution myself, so anything else I knit will be a bonus. And now that the gals at work and I sit and knit together I will have more motivation. Every morning they come in and play show-and-tell....and there is Elizabeth saying "oh I didn't get any knitting done last night" and their little faces are so disappointed. ;)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Kudos to you for being a runner! Go Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I"m more impressed that you are running a 5K than your resolutions!
You go girl!