Thursday, December 20, 2007

Flop or Not?

I'll admit that when I first saw this recipe on Kristen's blog I was very drawn to the name - Cinnamon Flop. How wonderful to actually set out to make a dish that is called a flop!

Then I read her description and thought it would be a perfect recipe for me to try. I'm really wanting to be a better hostess and how easy to start with breakfast.

This looked like it would be a great coffee cake and really who doesn't like a slice of warm coffee cake with a hot cup of coffee?

Since we had a day filled with wonderful plans today I felt like it was a great day to try this out. I whipped it up in no time and got it in the oven while I finished getting myself ready. The wonderful smells filled our home.

I put slices of Cinnamon Flop on our plates and poured the coffee. However, the texture is nothing like I had thought it would be. In my uninformed opinion I think this was more like a sponge cake. Regardless, we both liked it very much and it will go in the keeper file.

And I really do have to say it - my flop was NOT a flop! :)

No comments: