Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wonderful DH and Unsung Heroes

Last night was definitely a "Monday after work" kind of night. By the time I got home I literally headed straight to my bed and was sound asleep before 6:00. My beloved woke me up with dinner in bed, which is one of the many reasons that I love this man. He even sat on the bed with me watching tv while I ate. Good times....

Of course, when it was 7:55 I went into the living room with my knitting and sat my fine self on the sofa to watch Heroes. Lynne' brought her knitting and sat next to me, while Keith put a pan of brownies in the oven. This fabulous man even served us a plate of brownies and cold glass of milk when it was done! Now really, can an evening possibly be any better than this? (And as an aside, when I saw the previews for next weeks episode of Heroes it just got me all excited - looks to be a really good one!)

Unsung Heroes
Cool segue!

This morning I couldn't help it...I pulled into the McD drive thru for breakfast on the way to work. When I got to the pickup window, the gal inside and I exchanged some pleasantries and off I went. It hit me several blocks later that I still had a big grin on my face from the conversation I'd just had and that got me to thinking. We hear so much about the "big" heroes - you know the kind...the 12 year old girl that gets with her friends, sets up a lemonade stand and next thing you know she's on the news presenting a $3 million check to her favorite charity (story exaggerated just because I can).

But what about the people going about their everyday business that bless others just by doing their everyday business? This gal put a smile on my face and a spring in my step to start my day. The way I see it, she is a very big hero. And I think I might start sharing stories of these people on my blog as a reminder to myself. Even little things can sometimes make a very large impact on others.

No comments: