Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year!

WOW - it's been quite some time since I've been on here! Quite unlike me as I dearly love to talk - LOL!

We've started off the New Year by doing more cooking at home. This meal was last night and for those that have heard me talking about it - I finally made this meal that's been on the list since Christmas Eve weekend! I will say that we won't repeat this exact meal as it probably clogged our veins something fierce. ;)

The creamed corn recipe is supposed to copy that found at Rudy's BBQ. We didn't think it was exact, but it was awesome nonetheless! Lynne' ate a tiny bit as she declared it too rich, but I think it would be great in a crockpot during next year's potluck season.

The other is White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home magazine. It was very good, but really no better than our regular scalloped potatoes. This one had added cheese, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream, thereby raising the calories, fat grams and sodium content, so in the future we'll use our old recipe. But the meal was oh so good!

The only other thing really accomplished at home this weekend was replacing the shower head in the main bathroom. Some might think that's no big deal, but at one point during Christmas I did have to use that shower and discovered there was a problem. If you're a Seinfeld fan you might remember the episode where the shower heads in their apartments were replaced with low flow heads. And you might remember what their hair looked like. Yes, I walked around that day with Seinfeld hair and I did NOT love it! So I'm quite pleased to have that little problem taken care of!

Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions. - Ecclesiastes 7:10

No comments: