Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Retreat Treats

These are the two snacks I prepared last Thursday night to take with me on retreat. Rice Krispie Treats on the left, which are one of my absolute favorites, maybe because I'm a kid at heart???

And my new favorite take along dessert snack, Symphony Brownies by Paula Deen. Love her or not, this gal can cook and these brownies are no exception. I left a couple of Rice Krispie Treats and a couple of brownies for Keith to eat and I think he was pleased when I returned home with a few of each. Did I mention we had a LOT of food?!?!?


SYMPHONY BROWNIES

1 package of brownie mix (17.6 ounce or up to about 20 ounce)
3 (5 ounce) Symphony candy bars

Line a 13x9 cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.

Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Place the candy bars all in a row on top of the batter, then cover with remaining batter, smoothing the top.

Bake according to brownie package directions. Cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. Cut into squares and enjoy!

WARNING: These brownies are soooo rich when they are warm. A little will go a long way. :)

"There's nothing better than a good friend, except perhaps a good friend with chocolate!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! Those look really good!