Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Pictures

First up, here's the card I made for mom for Mother's Day at Stamp Club Friday night. I especially liked the background paper because it's actually just white paper and we used stamps on the background. The green paper has the linen background stamp in green, so it's a very subtle look. Very pleased with this card.

--<>--
Saturday morning Keith, Joe (the dog) and I headed north to Oklahoma City to spend time with our moms for Mother's Day. Saturday we went out to lunch with my mom, brother, and sister-in-law, then the five of us headed south to Norman for some craft store shopping.

Our first stop was L & B Yarn Co. Store in Norman, OK. I can't say enough about how much I liked this store. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the decor was awesome, yarn selection was fabulous and they had some great store samples. We did each buy a little something before heading out. And mom got a pattern for slippers that this store does for their charity project. It was pretty cool to see the wicker basket filled with beautiful slippers at the front of the store.
From there we went just a few blocks (a mile?) away to a quilt shop, Patchwork Place, also in Norman, OK. The last time I was at this shop I still lived in OKC, so quite a few years ago, and they were in a cute little house. They are now in a strip center and the ladies there said that they had to move because the little house leaked and water is not a great thing for quilt fabric! Yes, we each bought a little something there and when I had my fabric cut I told the lady that I had the most wonderful and darling granddaughter in the world. She did inform me that it was impossible for that to be true as SHE had the most wonderful and darling granddaughter in the world! This shop is another that I really can highly recommend. There were quite a few things here that I hadn't seen in other shops and that's always fun.
Sunday morning was church with Keith's folks. Pastor Henke didn't let us down and read his beautiful essay "A Mother's Tears", which he said is tradition for that day. I sat next to my mother-in-law and we both just had tears streaming down our face. Loved it! A wonderful brunch together, then we hit the highway south to Texas.

When we did finally get home late Sunday night Lynne' was here waiting with a beautiful floral bouquet for me! She did point out that it's easy to buy flowers for me - just look for the pink blooms. :) Tonight I have the flowers here on my desk and not only are they beautiful but they smell so good.

Good times.....

"Children may outgrow your lap, but never your heart."

3 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day with your Mom!!! Happy Mothers Day B.F.F.'s Mom!!!!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Hi Elizabeth! I found your blog on the blog roll!!! What a beautiful card you made for your mom! YOu have talent!!!