Thursday, September 21, 2006

Faux Embossing and Bible Study

This week has certainly seemed like a hamster week. You know the kind - you run and run and run and it never seems like you get anywhere. I've even stayed home the last two nights from scheduled plans with friends and still can't seem to get it all done!

Last night after we ate dinner Keith had homework to do, so I sat in the room with him and finished this card that I had started last Saturday. The technique is Faux Dry Embossing and the leaves are just punched out of the same paper as the background. I'm quite pleased with it, though the scan makes the ribbon appear bumpy and it's not!

I went to the first meeting of my Ladies Bible Study on Monday night and really like it. But when I think of that and our new Sunday School class and the homework for both I start to hyperventilate. I love what we are studying in both these classes, but I just worry about having the time to get it done. Really I think I'm just going to have to learn to say "no" to some things and also eliminate some things from my schedule. I'm starting to get too tired and apparently it shows as friends and workmates have started asking if I feel ok since I look bad. Not really what a girl wants to hear - LOL!

~ Elizabeth

"I prayed for faith and thought that some day faith would come down and strike me like lightening. But faith did not seem to come. One day I read in the tenth chapter of Romans, 'Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.' I had up to this time closed my Bible and prayed for faith. I now opened my Bible and began to study, and faith has been growing ever since." - Dwight Lyman Moody

2 comments:

Liz G. said...

So what are your bible studies about?

I'm in a study on Tuesday nights called "Out of Control and Loving It!" - about letting go of my controlling grip on my world and letting God take care of it!

Hope to see you soon, my friend! Wednesday @ S&H?

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I love the font you used in your title, would you mind telling me what it's name is?

Thanks!