Wednesday, February 09, 2011

WIP Wednesday

SONY DSC

Right now this is the project I’m concentrating the most on.  I’m going on a knitting retreat with my mom to St. Louis at the end of April (Spring Fling with The Loopy Ewe!) and the KAL’s (knit alongs) have begun. 

This scarf pattern is la Novia by Anne Hanson and it’s a great pattern to knit.  The yarn is Dream In Color Classy – Into The Mystic colorway.

So about the color…..I bought this yarn online and my eyes saw it as a white yarn with red specks.  When I opened the package I was so disappointed and of course went back online and saw that yes, the picture was accurate online, but my brain must have interpreted the color as something totally different.  Rather than pout I decided to go ahead and cast on for the project it was intended for.  The yarn is *fabulous* to knit with, but it’s not a fun project to work on since I don’t love the color.

I did hold the yarn up against my coat and it will look great, so in the end all will work out.  Smile

No comments: