Saturday, February 19, 2011

Shawl for Samantha

SONY DSC

The Dallas Hand Knitting Guild had a mystery shawl program that ran over several months.  Because knitting lace, especially lace with beads, was a totally new thing for me I opted to knit the doll size rather than a shawl for me.  The pattern, Sheryl’s Request,  was written by The Knitting Fairy and was a delight to knit.  I’m thrilled that I thought ahead enough to buy enough yarn and beads to also knit one for me.  Winking smile

(Do you see on the left side of the photo above that my cat was keeping an eye on this photo shoot?)

 

SONY DSC

There’s something about American Girl dolls and I was shocked to hear that they retired Samantha.  I wanted to get one for my mom, so I started stalking Craigslist and eBay.  I was thrilled to find what I wanted.

 

SONY DSC

The dress that Samantha is wearing was purchased at an Etsy shop (if you haven’t visited Etsy, you must!  So many fabulous handmade items) called Susiestitchit’s Sewing Shop.  I highly recommend this seller – quality sewing and fast delivery.

I am so happy with this shawl and am happy that I no longer fear knitting lace or knitting with beads.  I also got a little pep talk at the guild meeting from a friend and she convinced me to knit lace using a chart – and I haven’t looked back.

2 comments:

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

That is so sweet! How are you and Keith doing? Haven't been on blogs in forever but have decided I am re-aligning my life and wanted to touch base with you.

Dawn

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh, it turned out beautifully. I have a good friend who knits wonderful things for herself and her granddaughter. I keep thinking I will try it, but my time is limited already. Plus...and this is a big plus...I have an addictive personality. I'm so afraid that the knitting bug will grab me and I'll sit on my hiney all day and do nothing else. LOL

Hugs,
Kat